Hi there! I hope you’re having a great day. I’m about to make it even more sweet. I wanted to talk about 5 of my favorite dessert places in Chicago. They are all conveniently located in the South Loop or River North area. It’s great because they’re right near me. Without any further ado, here they are:
- Magnolia Bakery: 108 N. State Street. This is one of my all-time favorite dessert places! The interior is so adorable and feminine. They are known for their cupcakes and famous Banana Pudding. There are also scones, muffins, cakes and cheesecake. It has a wide variety of sweets to choose from. The chain originally started in New York and has other locations around the United States.
- Dylan’s Candy Bar: 445 N. Michigan Avenue. I went here recently for the first time with a friend! It’s a two-floor candy mega store with a cafe. At the cafe, you can get both savory and sweet items, as well as candy-themed cocktails. I had one with a gummy shark on it! It’s a bit on the expensive side but the worth the experience. They have every kind of candy you could ever imagine.
- Devil Dawgs: 767 S. State Street. It’s about two blocks down from where I live. I visited recently thanks to friends of mine suggesting I get a milkshake. I’ve had their Mint Oreo and Vanilla milkshakes. Both are fantastic! The milkshakes are delicious and homemade. They have a ton of different flavors to choose from. The possibilities for milkshake heaven are endless.
- Stan’s Donuts: 26 E. Roosevelt Road. Yay donuts! Stan’s is originally a California chain that expanded and is now in the South Loop. They have cake donuts, jelly-filled donuts and other pastries for all to enjoy. I recommend their pistachio donut. You can also get gelato!
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Co.: 400 N. Michigan Avenue. This is a great place to visit because there is chocolate everywhere you look. I recommend getting a salted caramel hot chocolate if you’re there in the wintertime. There are also delicious ice cream sundaes, milkshakes and smoothies. If you get a sundae, share it with a friend! They have super large portions. Buy some dark chocolate while you’re there too!
*Image from Pinterest, not my own