Here’s a list of my Top 5 “Holy Grail” beauty products. This what I use on a regular, consistent basis. I’ve gotten a lot of great recommendations from my Beauty Marketing classmates at FIDM too. The girls in my class used makeup in a way that was on fleek. They inspire my love of makeup and the beauty industry.
- The first item is Too Faced Born This Way Absolute Perfection Foundation. I got a free bottle of this at Generation Beauty by Ipsy: an event for beauty curators. I use the shade “Porcelain” which is on the fairer side. It can be hard for me to find exactly the right pale shade, but this one works perfectly. It’s smooth and you don’t need a large amount for it to provide full coverage. It’s easy to apply: I recommend using a beauty blender to get a clean look. It’s a bit on the expensive side, but it’s definitely worth it to use a high-quality foundation.
2. The next product is the Naked 2 Eyeshadow Palette from Urban Decay. I use this everyday to create my everyday look. There are a wide range of browns and metallic colors I enjoy using. There are both matte and shimmer powder eyeshadows. The pigmentation is great, the colors show up very well. It is long-lasting and stays on for the majority of the day. It comes with a brush that you can use too. My favorite shades are Suspect, Half Baked and Tease.
3. Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment w/ SPF 15. The texture of the product is smooth and easy to apply. It gives a subtle hint of color without being too overpowering. I’ve found it works well in the harsh Chicago Winter to avoid chapped lips. There are a bunch of other colors too; I like Petal, which came out recently. The Rose tint is a light reddish-pink. It’s a shade that would look good on a variety of skintones. It also won InStyle Magazine’s Best Beauty Buys. It’s a favorite for many beauty gurus.
4. Benefit Roller Lash Mascara. I love this mascara! It comes in pretty pink and black packaging. It lengthens my lashes without making them look fake. It’s a simple black mascara that is great for any occasion. I use it on a daily basis, with just two coats. I’ll do three to four on special occasions, like a date or party. It does exactly what you need it to do. You don’t even need to use an eyelash curler, this product does it all.
5. Last, but certainly not least is the Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush from Physician’s Formula. I like the shade rose – it’s a great color for fair skin. It’s not too overpowering and is just the right amount of pink. It also has a great violet scent. It’s great to use for a daytime date because it’s flirty and feminine. Also, if you lift up the blush itself, there’s a brush located underneath, along with a mirror.
Let me know if you try any of these products! I’d love to hear your thoughts. All of the images come from toofaced.com, benefit.com, physiciansformula.com, urbandecay.com and fresh.com. Check out those websites to find out more about their products! All of the products mentioned can be purchased at Sephora or Ulta, online and in stores.