Hi there! I hope you’re having a great Sunday before the hectic school/work week starts. I’m approaching finals and have worked ahead on a lot of my larger projects and assignments. I’m feeling less stressed for now, but only for now. I’m sure I’ll be a bit more anxious once I have to study for my bio final and work on another paper for my English Lit class. I had fun being part of the Kawaii Cafe with JAM (Japanese Anime and Manga club) at school. I dressed up in a maid costume and wore a cute, long brunette wig. I’ll write a post about my experience as a server/hostess at the event! I met a lot of new people and made some great friends. So, you could say I’m feeling better than in my previous post “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay”. My slump is starting to go away. There’s a light at the end of the tunnel. I recently watched a Nikki Phillippi video called “Slay Your Day!” and that inspired me to write this post. Here’s a link to Nikki’s video if you’re interested:
So, without further ado, let’s upgrade our days!
- When you wake up, drink a bunch of water. Get hydrated. Try having a water bottle easily accessible by your bed. It’s a healthy way to start the day. You could also have some tea or coffee after, if you’d like. I’m not much of a coffee person, so waking up with water works for me.
- Go workout or do some yoga stretches if you can. If it’s yoga try doing a sun salutation routine. Exercise gives you endorphins, and endorphins make you happy and happy people don’t shoot their husbands, as said by Elle in Legally Blonde.
- Be sure to have a healthy breakfast. You could have some plain greek yogurt with honey/agave and granola, cereal with an apple/banana, oatmeal, etc. There are endless possibilities. Go on Pinterest and find some more ideas if you’d like.
- When getting ready, play some positive tunes. It’s a great way to get in a good mood. One song I like is from Legally Blonde called “Perfect Day” by Hoku. Go on spotify and see what’s new.
- Write down your intentions for the day, if you have time. Or some things that you’re grateful for. It’ll start your day off on the best possible note.
- Even if you’re busy, go outside and take a quick walk around the block. It’s good to clear your head for a bit and take a break. I do this if I’m stressed with homework.
- Have a good lunch – try a fruit-based salad or something else you like that has protein, vegetables and fruit. This will keep up your energy to get more things done.
- Keep telling yourself that you can do this. Check things off your to-do list. There’s a certain feeling of accomplishment when you do that. As a Type A, this is especially important for me to do.
- Color in a coloring book or have a creative escape, like reading. I’m doing this with Tess of the D’Urbervilles. Do something fun if you have the time.
- Have dinner out and get something tasty. I enjoy having Panera’s Black Bean soup with a whole wheat roll. #treatyoself
- Relax and watch your favorite TV show! I’m currently watching Revenge on Netflix. Or pick a movie. If you haven’t watched it, the Star Wars series is fantastic. I recently watched episode 3, Revenge of the Sith, where Anakin Skywalker transforms into Darth Vader (SO SAD!!!).
- Go out with friends, if they’re around. Adventuring around your city/town is always fun. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, as they say.
- Make sure to wash your face before bed. Use a face mask if you want to do something fun and healthy. I’m using a Sebum clearing mask by Dermalogica. Sebum is the stuff that builds up in your pores.
- Journal before bed or think about the best parts of the day, then read a book and go to sleep when you’re feeling tired. Maybe have a cup of tea, too.
*The three images are not my own, they’re from Pinterest
I hope these tips help upgrade your day! Let me know how it goes for you. If you do different things to upgrade your day, write them below in the comments.