I smell snow. We just had our first snowfall in Chicago. It got me to thinking about Winter. Then, I thought, what would be some date ideas suitable for the season? Winter is a time of wonder, happiness and holidays. And adorable couples. I’ve gone a couple of Wintery dates myself, so here are my suggestions:
- Go ice skating and have hot chocolate! This is a fun, active date that is great for the season. You can ask for someone to take a picture of you while you’re on the ice.
- Watch Christmas movies! You can snuggle up at home and relax with your significant other. There are so many great nostalgic titles – make it a movie marathon if you’d like.
- Visit a Christmas Market! In Chicago, we have the Christkindlmarket. It’s a German Market full of delicious sweets, delightful souvenirs and hot red wine served in mugs shaped like a boot. There’s something for everyone.
- Take a picture underneath a large Christmas tree. Most towns and cities have these! We have one over by Millennium Park. It’s nice to look at the pretty lights up close.
- Bake cookies/sweets together! They can be anything you’d like. There are so many holiday recipes on Pinterest that would work well for the occasion. I’d also try Food Network’s website.
- Go Sledding – this is a fun winter activity for a reason. Everyone is a kid at heart, plus, who doesn’t love sliding down a giant hill?
- Go for a walk in your own Winter Wonderland. Take a step outside and enjoy the beautiful, smelling snow. You can even make snow angels and play in the snow!
- Visit stores and look at their holiday window displays. It’s amazing how they’re put together and the results that are displayed. You’ll feel inspired just looking at them.
- Watch Netflix in your pajamas and make apple cider. You can kick back and relax while watching one of your favorite TV shows.
- Have a snowball fight! Protect your turf while throwing snowballs at your significant other.
*Images are not my own, from Google Images.